So lets just dive in shall we? The last couple of weeks have brought new opportunities for me and I have given myself permission to accept these opportunities and to say yes as much as possible!
Here is the short list:
- Collaborate with other artists
- Sell my artwork in another local store in addition to Artisans' Corner, located in Clinton, NY
- Re-open my Etsy shop
- Design New products with my artwork on them
- Apply to a few Art Shows
- Be interviewed by Mohawk Valley Living....this will air on April 21st on WFXV 33@ 7:30am &11pm and on WUTR abc @ 11:30am and of course it will be on you tube.www.mohawkvalleyliving.com
- An upcoming interview with a fabulous fellow blogger Kelly Diemond ( you can read her blog by going to www.haveallthis.com
- Create and Teach Workshops.....just a note there are still a few openings in my workshops. Check out the schedule www.shannoncrandall.com
- Painting a Rocking Chair for Art Rocks. These chairs will be on display in Clinton, NY from the end of June until August when they will be auctioned off to the highest bidder.
- Writing a blog
Some of my new products! www.etsy.com/shop/shannontcrandall
As I mentioned this is just the short list....there are more things in the works. I guess my message today is that there are going to be times when you have a lot thrown at you and you have to be up for the challenge. Never feel as though you are not ready to take on these opportunities because truthfully who is! If you let opportunities pass you by until you are ready you may look back and say why didn't I do that when I had the chance.
I for one, know that I am more of a risk taker than some.....and there have been a few times that I have jumped a bit too quickly, but I have to tell you that it has been my experience that most of my mistakes have taught me a great lesson and have helped me to build a better business in the long run.
The other piece I want you to get is that some of these opportunities have come my way not because I sat back and waited patiently like a meek wallflower.....of course that is not my style if you know me at all.....I have put myself out there by asking questions....volunteering to help with projects....writing a blog.......emailing potential clients....and more!
I have realized that I am my best representative and to get to where I want to be, I must step up and believe in myself and what I have to offer.
Now is the time for action! I sure as hell don't want to look back at my life and say "I should have or I could have....if I only would have".......
What are some of the opportunities that have come your way? Did you take action? Have you put yourself out there to create opportunities and if so what have you done? I want to know....drop me a line in the comments section.