Saturday, March 23, 2013

Collaborating



Sometimes you just can't do it alone....I mean doing things on your own can be rewarding and fun, but sometimes your work can be complimented by another artist's and the fit is just so perfect it is like a marriage made in heaven.

I have been feeling out some collaborations and I have to say that I think I found the perfect fit!

Its funny because this artist that I am collaborating with is in my neighborhood....he was basically right under my nose I and I didn't even know it.  We just happened to be passing by while out on a walk. We stopped and chatted a bit and realized that we were both doing workshops.....the conversation just progressed from there.

So take a look around you people...you may be surprised at who you could collaborate with.

The artist that I am collaborating with is Antony Galbraith. He creates amazing needle felted animals, beads, flowers and so much more. We will be teaching a two day workshop on June 14th and 15th. During the first day of the workshop you will learn how to make needle felted beads and on the second day we will teach you how to make a bracelet or necklace with your beads. I will be showing some seed bead beading techniques as well.....just another way to embellish your one-of -a kind piece of wearable art.  Antony's needle felted creations are wonderful and I can tell you first hand it is like painting with wool and sculpting at the same time. To check out his work and to sign up for this workshop go here www.doanart.com.
You can also sign up through my website as well.www.shannoncrandall.com.

To better acquaint myself with Antony's process, I took his workshop today and learned how to make a needle felted flower. 

What do you think? I myself think this turned out pretty sweet!
I am thinking that this is just the beginning for many more collaborations to come!
If you are interested in collaborating with me don't be shy reach and contact me.....get the dialogue started.

No comments:

Post a Comment