Sunday, May 12, 2013

I am writing this today, hoping your Mother's Day has been full of happiness and gratitude. I know I enjoyed spending part of this special day with my Mother and Grandmother. Time spent together is the most precious....it is time that you can never retrieve, so spend it wisely with the ones you love!

 It seems as though I haven't written a blog post in quite some time and I thought with the rest of my Mother's Day, that is exactly what I would do.  So here I am, sitting at the computer typing away with the house all to myself and the quiet stillness that rejuvenates my spirit. I enjoy writing these blog posts and sharing with you some of my thoughts and feelings. It is almost like a cleansing that I need periodically to wash away the debris that is my busy life.

As I cherish these quiet moments, I am reflecting on what has been accomplished these last couple of weeks. I am happy to say that I finished 4 paintings,taught a private jewelry making workshop,helped my daughter get ready for prom and am getting ready to make my trip to NYC for the Surtex surface and design show. It has been a busy couple of weeks and I am patting myself on the back for all of the things that I started and finished!


Here are a few of the things I created these past couple of weeks!

 

When my life gets this busy I can't get enough creative therapy.
Creative therapy is the best therapy in the world because I can loose myself in my art.....nothing else matters while I am creating! It is the time I need to connect with myself  and rebuild the parts of me that have been sucked dry by the everyday stresses of life.

I always encourage my students to try and create something at least once a week. Once you tap into that creative energy it begins to heal you from within. Even surrounding yourself with other people's art and creations can be healing. Make or purchase one thing this month that makes your heart smile and you will begin to feed your soul.

Humans were meant to create....even if you only create ideas, or generate inspiration for others to create....this is your way of creating and contributing. So go into your creative zone and produce some of your own creative therapy.
Again, I hope your Mother's Day was filled with joy....I am pleased to say mine was!

No comments:

Post a Comment