Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Recap of the Season

Good morning everyone! It is a bit rainy today and as I am sitting here typing I realize just as the weather and seasons are changing, my focus and my goals are changing as well. After a very successful show season this summer, my focus will now be on the Gallery Co-op where I sell my work and creating workshops.
Before I go any further into this conversation though, I must thank all of my family and friends for their support this year! I couldn't have done it with out you guys! As many of you know creating is only a small part of doing Art Shows. The planning of.... and setting up and tearing down of a booth is both physically and mentally tiring at times. I am most grateful for the hard work my parents and husband put in every year to help me do these shows......and in the end it is always worth the effort.

So, since I haven't written a blog post in quite some time I thought I would just give you a little recap of what I did this summer and what I will be working on this fall.
I showed my artwork and jewelry at 3 local shows this summer. The line up started at the Syracuse Arts and Crafts Festival. Now this is a great show centered around Columbus Circle in downtown Syracuse, NY. It is family friendly and features about 260 fine artists from around the country. I am proud to be juried into this show since I am a native of Syracuse.



                                    Above are a few of the paintings I sold in Syracuse. Funny how I remember the shows by which paintings I sold.

The next show I did this summer was the Clinton Music and Art Festival located in Clinton , NY. This is a sweet little one day show that happens to be held in the same town where Artisans' Corner is located. Artisans' Corner is the gallery where I sell my work. As a one day show it is a bit rough with the setup and tear down, but again the response I get from customers is overwhelming there and well worth the hard work. Below are a few of the paintings I sold in Clinton.
 
 
 
 
My last show of the Season is Oneida Craft Days. It is located in my home town of Oneida, NY. It is a two day show and is run by the Madison County Historical Society, which I am a member of. The tents are setup on the lawn of the one of the earliest Mansions built in Oneida. It is the home of the Historical Society and is right in the heart of the South side of Oneida. Oneida really supported me this year....I sold 8 paintings at this last show bringing my total to 32 paintings sold since this all began in July. A glimpse of some of the paintings I sold in Oneida.
 
 
 
 
Dreams can come true if you work hard and share your joy with others!
Now as I said I will be focusing on creating new artwork and jewelry for Artisans' Corner this fall as well as developing new workshops. I will be teaching a workshop in May of 2014 here in upstate NY on the Seneca Wine Trail with Sherri Welser. I will have more details soon! Remember to share your joy with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment